Monday, August 5, 2013

Meet Phoebe!


 
Meet:  Phoebe Leonard
Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: Since July 2013

Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: Actor

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A: The audition process was a far cry from any audition I've ever done before.   It was very relaxed, very friendly and I left hoping like hell that I'd make it to the call backs.  It was also the first time I auditioned using monologues I'd written myself, which was terrifying at first but ultimately very rewarding.
Q: What were callbacks like?
A: The call backs were so much fun!  It felt more like an acting workshop than a casting situation.   It was a great way to get to know the current RSPC members as well as the potential new recruits.  It was a great feeling to be in a call back and instead of feeling competitive and insecure thinking "These people are great and I want to work with them all!"

Q: Why did you choose RSP?
A: I'm a big believer in the importance of the ensemble as a whole and RSPC really emphasized their position as an ensemble company.  Being from a long way out of town (roughly 9935 miles to be exact) I was looking for an artistic base and a theatre family in New York that I could collaborate and grow with as an artist.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: I'm a screenwriter, playwright and occasional bar tender.

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: I'm excited by the prospect of collaborating on an original devised show with other ensemble members, and I can't wait to find out more about the productions planned for the upcoming season. This is my first season as an actor in New York having spent the last twelve months studying.  I'm excited to tread the boards again and make some magic with the RSPC crew.  I'm also looking forward to telling my folks back in Australia that I'm performing off-off Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment