Friday, August 16, 2013

Meet Lauren!


Meet:  Lauren Tyrell



Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: I recently joined Rising Sun Performance Company and was thrilled to be asked to be a part of such a great group of diverse individuals who love sharing their ideas, and are committed to strong story telling through their pieces.
Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: I am an actor as part of the ensemble currently.

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A: I had just finished at a two year acting conservatory and was in need of locating a home base where I could continue to grow as an artist. I saw a notice in Backstage that was looking for new ensemble members, and became intrigued. I fell in love with RSPC's manifest in that everyone participates equally within the company when producing shows.

Q: What were callbacks like?
A: The callbacks were so much fun. It was one of the best audition experiences I've had where you were required to do a group warm-up, improv, a dance audition and cold readings for an entire afternoon. Everyone present at the callbacks were supportive and engaged the whole time. At one point, we had to do a movement piece to music across the floor. It was definitely a highlight for me because I love the amount of energy and creativity that can used to tell stories using no words.  I love being able to manipulate movement with my body, as it is physically freeing.

Q: Why did you choose RSPC ?
A: I chose RSPC because I knew this was a company that believes strongly in supporting its ensemble, and is not afraid to take risks. RSPC is very proactive in reaching out to the theater community in terms of generating buzz about their work, which comes from the efforts of its members. I really appreciate that and want to be active in creating dialogue with both audiences and other artists within the community.

Q: What do you do outside of RSPC?
A: I work as waitress outside of RSPC for a catering company. During my free time, I enjoy being outside when I can. Hiking is one my favorite things to do, so I usually will find spare time to head to Central Park to do some leisurely walking. If not outside, I attend tap or jazz classes.

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: I am excited for our upcoming performance season and cannot wait to work with the other ensemble members on all aspects of mounting a stage production. As an actor, participating in directing, producing and writing is vital in this industry and RSPC allows such great opportunities. You become more well-rounded. I get to improve as an artist as I challenge myself to be leader and community member in seeing the success of our shows generate positive audience feedback. We have lab sessions that we hold within the company that can range from monologue work to reading a new play. I'm excited to take part in discussions of new works and workshop them with fellow
company members.

No comments:

Post a Comment