Thursday, August 1, 2013

Meet Andrea!

Andrea's been with us since our 10th season, she's probably one of our most dedicated ensemble members, she commutes from upstate NY for every RSP event! (thats 2 hours each way!!)

Meet:  Andrea Cordaro






Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: I have been with Rising Sun since their tenth anniversary season in 2010.

Q: What is your primary role with RSP?
A: I am an ensemble actor in the company.

Q: Why is RSP your artistic home?
A: Let's just begin with the fact the Rising Sun has a hell of a lot of integrity, organization, professionalism, and a warm environment. It starts with Akia Squitieri and trickles down from there. And because of that the company attracts really great talent. I love that artistically we're always doing different types of work. And it's an incredible support network.  Akia runs her theater company like a family. But we also get a lot done, because of our incredible administrative team, and the devotion of our members.

Q: What was your favorite RSP Show or Role? Why?
A: I'm not one for favoritism. I love every role and every show differently. Does a mother pick favorites among her children? Well, she shouldn't!

But I can tell you about a few fun ones. Our last production (and fundraiser) "Shh...it's A Speakeasy!"  was a great experience. It's always fun learning dance choreography from the amazing Ashleigh Herndon. She has incredible patience and her choreography is just really fun and flirty. But perhaps what I really enjoyed was the opportunity to do improv all night and get lost in a character for a few hours straight.

"Crapshoot", a variety style show we performed last summer, was crazy fun. I particularly enjoyed playing the stuffy and ridiculous British dog portraiture artist, Eliza Duke. Why? Because real life pretension can only be made better by the most ridiculous sounding British dialect you can muster!

Q: What are you looking forward to seeing/ experiencing with RSP?
A: I look forward to continuing to develop my craft with Rising Sun and getting to know some of our new members.

Q: What are you excited about for Season 12?
A: I am very much looking forward to working with Tim Butterfield on "Henry's Wives" coming this Season. I spent a lot of time with Anne Boleyn during our previous workshop of the piece. Aside from being a dream role, I've cultivated a deep connection with her, and too with the other women in my ensemble. I'm looking forward to seeing her become fully realized onstage.

Q: How have you seen the ensemble, including yourself, evolve?
A: The administrative side has definitely grown. We get the most incredible interns, and it's not surprising when they go on to jobs in major theaters and productions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment