Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meet Jenna!!


Meet:  Jenna Rafferty
 

Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: 1 year

Q: What is your primary role with RSP?
A:  Company Manager & Resident Stage Manager

Q: Why is RSP your artistic home?
A: RSP is a big, crazy family full of talented people you can always be yourself around. As soon as you join you are welcomed with open arms...literally! We love hugs! It's a group that makes you feel like you belong and you are valued.

Q: What was your favorite RSP Show or Role? Why?
A: I stage managed Bug for Hotel Suite. This will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first show with RSP. I started as an intern during this project and officially joined the ensemble after Hotel Suite.

Q: What are you looking forward to seeing/ experiencing with RSP?
A: I'm looking forward to continuing to work with old members and getting to know and work with new members more. I look forward to seeing the new ensemble mesh and come together to do what we love.

Q: What are you excited about for Season 12?
A: I am excited for Hellcab! I was not a part of RSP when they put this show up the first time and I have heard nothing but great things about it so I am super excited to have some part in it this time around.

Q: How have you seen the ensemble, including yourself, evolve?
A: Well...I literally went from intern (this didn't last very long), to ensemble member, to company manager in one year!  Crazy, right?! But what a trip it has been! I have got to know our ensemble members more and more and I find that I'm always learning something new about each of them and their talents. We have a pool of people with all kinds of talents and skills that always make me smile and keep me thinking.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: I was substitute teaching and I stage manage amazingly talented musical theatre middle and high school kids in New Jersey.

Q: Favorite Memory or experience in RSP?
A: I have a lot of favorite experiences with RSP but I think my absolute favorite is that many of us are also very involved with the NYIT Awards...another amazing group of people! My favorite recent experience was the IT Awards nom party! What a fantastic event where the indie theatre community comes together to celebrate our accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment