Monday, August 19, 2013

Meet Ari!


Meet:  Arielle (Ari)
Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: I just got accepted into Rising Sun about a month ago, in July.

Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: I'm an actor.

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A: I had heard about Rising Sun on the streets, I guess you could say. I have done a lot of indie theater, but had kind of voyaged on to film and tv. I'd been looking for a home, a place to feel grounded in. I had the audition and they immediately asked me to stay for the callback.

Q: What were callbacks like?
A: The callback was a four-hour-long playdate with the other callback-ees and some of the staff. It involved improv, dance, devised theater, cold reading, everything. The callback solidified it for me, I had so much fun and felt so artistically free in a way I haven't for a long time.

Q: Why did you choose RSP?
A: I like RSP's energy. I think they really believe in making good theater, but also in cultivating good artists. I needed a safe place to grow and explore and not be judged, and that's what RSPC is to me.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A:  I still act in mostly film and tv. I just finished shooting an independent feature film a few weeks ago.

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: I'm excited for our show line-up, and to work with the resident playwright. I'm also excited to build a foundation with these artists. I'd love to choreograph for Rising Sun at some point, too. That's what's so great about them- they encourage you to use and develop other skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment