Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meet Ashleigh!


Meet:  Ashleigh Herndon
 
 

Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: Since early 2012

Q: What is your primary role with RSP?
A: I'm an actor with the ensemble, and I just became Resident Choreographer.

Q: Why is RSP your artistic home?
A: There are commercial theatre projects, and then there are projects that are done by a group of people who really love what they do. RSP is the latter. Although it's always great to pay the bills with theatre work, I find that some of the most artistically fulfilling moments happen when you are exploring new material, experimenting on collaborative projects, and working with a group of like minded individuals.

Q: What was your favorite RSP Show or Role? Why?
A: I think the most fun I've had recently was during our weekend intensive at the beginning of June. Our literary manager, Tim, conducted a devised theatre workshop. I loved seeing all the individual talents that our group possesses.

Q: What are you looking forward to seeing/ experiencing with RSP?
A: The show that initially sparked my interest with RSP was Henry's Wives. We work-shopped it for about six months last year, and I look forward to approaching this after some time away!

Q: What are you excited about for Season 12?
A: Henry's Wives!

Q: How have you seen the ensemble, including yourself, evolve?
A: We come from a broad spectrum of theatre and performing arts backgrounds and interest. We have ensemble members who produce and direct films (watch our indie gogo video from last year!), write music, dance, stage manage, operate marionettes, and rule social media. We had a guest artist opera singer for our Speakeasy. Our members have backgrounds in commercial theatre, educational theatre, street theatre, and indie theatre. We evolve as an ensemble through what we glean from each other.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: I'm a dance teacher and babysitter. Currently I am seeking my personal training certification!

Q: Favorite Memory or experience in RSP?
A: This past fall, I was in one of our one acts in Room 128. During the five minute play I crammed my mouth full of doughnuts (and often hair). Since this show I have lost all desire to eat doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment