Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meet Kimberly



Meet:  Kimberly DiPersia

Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: I'm a new ensemble member -- I just joined for the 2013-2014 Season.

Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: Right now, I am foremost an actress, but I also provide support and assistance to RSPC wherever they need me - events, fundraisers, etc.

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A: I submitted for and was selected to attend their Open Call auditions. The weekend following, I was invited to their Callbacks, which were comprised of improv, team-building exercises, movement, dance, and cold readings.  I was excited to see such a thorough approach to selecting ensemble members - RSPC really gave us all an in-depth getting-to-know-you process - and I immediately wanted to work with them because of it.  Happily, I "made the cut" and was invited to join. The rest is history.

Q: What were callbacks like?
A: As I mentioned, callbacks were really exciting.  I felt that RSPC really cared about building a true ensemble and developed an afternoon that was set to do exactly that.  I loved plunging into the improv and ice-breaker activities, which warmed everyone up and got us comfortable.  Then we did dance and movement, which was challenging, but still enough fun to laugh over our missteps.  By that point, I felt like everyone had bonded great with one another, and then we moved on to improv scenes, then finally cold readings - and being so relaxed and warmed-up, those flowed naturally.  I loved reading my scenes and watching others take the stage as well.  It was also exciting to get a peek at possible productions for the season.  I walked away from callbacks thinking, "Yes, sign me up!"

Q: Why did you choose RSP?
A: RSP not only charmed me with the callback process, but they've also been around for twelve years-- and that's impressive for an indie theatre company in NYC.  RSP is super-organized, has a strong mission statement, and is comprised of individuals who get stuff done. Plus, as shown by recent NYIT Awards Nominations, they do great quality creative work, and that's important to me.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: In addition to cultivating my career as an actress, I am also a founding member and producer of Hanging Charlie Productions - a film production company based out of Astoria, NY. We recently had a film in the finals for the Best of New York 2013 in the 48 Hour Film Project, and we are gearing up for a SAG-AFTRA New Media Web Series, so that's a thrilling part of my life right now.

On my personal side, I enjoy a calm Astoria life with my fiancé and our little dog, Zora, and planning the final touches of our wedding in October of this year. :)

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: RSP is comprised of such wonderful and supportive people, that I've just begun to know. I look forward to working with them all, getting to know everyone better, and seeing what amazing productions we will create.


No comments:

Post a Comment