Monday, August 5, 2013

Meet Marquis!


Meet:  Marquis Wilson

Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: I've been involved officially for going on 2 months now. A rookie.

Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: I am an ensemble member/actor.

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A: It was nerve racking and really fun. I've never been a part of an ensemble company before, so I was really excited to try it out for a change. And it worked out for me, and I'm happy that it did.

Q: What were callbacks like?
A: Callbacks were very fun. They also went on for a long time. And they were also still callbacks so I still had to remember that I had a task ahead of me, which was to put my best foot forward as far as auditioning, but the atmosphere was wonderful. I got to know a lot of really cool and nice people, so it was all around great.

Q: Why did you choose RSP?
A: RSP seemed like a great environment, and when I got to view just how involved everyone is from the start, I knew I made a good choice.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: I am a Theatre and Media and Communications double major. I worked as a front desk agent at a hotel. I'm in school full time. I play basketball. I'm a part of an acapella group during school time. I like to make music from time to time. A bunch of things.

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: I am excited for all of the upcoming events and happenings that I can possibly be a part of, and see all the creative processes of my fellow members. I can't wait to see how it all goes. I really want to get involved in many other ways and be an integral part of the organization, in whatever way I can. All of the opportunities that I will soon see and find out about. It's a new thing for me, and I love getting involved in new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment