Wednesday, February 24, 2010

News From The Brooklyn Front

Hi, I'm Alexia, RSP Ensemble member and Williamsburg denizen. I'm writing from my home office (read: bedroom) in the Italian heart of the north Brooklyn nabe. My landlords are, as usual, cooking up a lot of tomato sauce. It's like my life and the goings-on of RSP are intrinsically linked! You did know that tomatoes play a "vital" role in our upcoming production, The Last Supper, right? Well, if not, just keep it in mind.

I've been with RSP since last January, and I've really enjoyed being a part of the company. During this year's ensemble callbacks, I felt excited about what this year can hold for us. Not only do we have The Last Supper, but our One Act Series is more involved than last year, and I actually get to direct one of the early staged readings (March 16, April 20, and May 18). Audience members will get to vote, and the top 4-6 plays will be produced as an evening of one-acts in August! Last year's one-act festival was my first time being cast in an RSP show, and it was beyond fun (and a learning experience!). I made a lot of great friends during the run, and I know the same will happen this year.

The Speakeasy is right around the corner, so stay tuned for the password. You don't want to be left out in the cold; there'll be Hot Box Girls, Hold'em, and High Jinks! Just don't spill the beans to the flatfoots and it'll be the bee's knees, fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment