Monday, August 5, 2013

Meet Cristina R




Meet:  Cristina M Ramos

Q: How long have you been involved with Rising Sun Performance Company?
A: Just a few weeks!

Q: What is your primary function within the ensemble?
A: I hope to function primarily as an actor as well as potentially a playwright, among many other things!

Q: Tell us about your experience of entering the ensemble.
A:  I was actually really excited about these auditions. From the moment I started filling out my audition form, I had an inkling this would be the group for me. They were just asking all the right questions! And the format of the audition really gave me the opportunity to showcase who I am as an actress, singer, writer, and just general performer which few auditions really do.

Q: What were callbacks like?
A: Unfortunately, I was away for callbacks. I was really nervous that it would hurt my chances of joining the ensemble, and I do feel like I'm one step behind on the "getting to know you" trip, but all the more reason to catch up quickly!

Q: Why did you choose RSP?
A: I chose RSP because I was immensely excited about the idea of having a theatre community to call my own, as well as an ensemble that I could learn with, take risks with, make mistakes with, and ultimately grow with.

Q: What do you do outside of RSP?
A: Outside of RSP I work in retail, advise/write/create for Get Smart Mentoring for teens and young adult women, audition like a crazy woman, take dance classes, occasionally stage manage, write whenever I have a modicum of time, learn the ukulele when I have 2 modicums of time, and sometimes dance burlesque under the stage name ChaCha La Brava, among other things :)

Q: What are you most excited about with the upcoming season?
A: I am really excited about getting to know all of the ensemble members. The whole idea of ensemble theatre is to have such comfort with your fellow actors that you can take some really great risks. I know that level of comfort will take some time, but I am so excited to put in that time this season.

Q: Anything else you want to share?
A: I just can't wait to share MYSELF with this amazing company and it's equally amazing audiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment